lead problem

raziel08 19:51 02 Apr 09

hi i recently took a look inside my tower case and find that it needn't cleaning desperately however in doing so i have pulle some leads out of the motherboard. Now the computer won't boot up and i have no idea how they are meant to be placed.

Here is a basic representation of the pins.

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
Spk Pwr/Led

the leads have lettering on them and are

Speaker
Power sw
Reset sw
Hdd Led
Led +
Led -

If any one can help me by telling me how they are meant to go i appriciate it. As far as i can tell there is a pin missing in the last column. There is meant to be three however the pc has been working for many years without it

csqwared 20:23 02 Apr 09

the make/model/serial number of the motherboard. Boards tend to differ in how those connections are made and without the board spec nigh on impossible to make the right connection.

raziel08 20:51 02 Apr 09

thanks for answering. Sorry but can you tell me where i could get that information from? I don't have any of the documents that came with it. All i can say is the it has 4 AGP slots, is built for an AMD duron processor and has 3 slots for DDR ram.

The pins for the leads are at the bottom right of the board and there are two rows of pins. Sorry if that hasn't helped.

Shuffty 21:59 02 Apr 09

Look in the motherboard manual if you do not have one you can download one from the motherboard manufacturers website
Also you could look on the motherboard with a magnifying glass its usually marked by the pins

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:25 02 Apr 09

Identify board click here

ambra4 05:04 03 Apr 09

Download SIW it will tell you everything you want to know about your computer

click here

Once you have the make and model no of the motherboard go to the manufacturers website

And download the manual

jbaker65 08:54 03 Apr 09

Since the computer will not boot up, he cannot install and use either SIW or Belarc to identify the m/b. If there is no-one close to help him then I think any decent computer shop would help at a reasonable charge.

raziel08 16:27 03 Apr 09

thanks for your suggestions. as Jbaker65 has pointed out i am unable to boot up the computer to download those. thanks anyway.

Shuffty do you mean that the motherboard makers name will be on the motherboard?

would prefer not to have to take it to a shop as they will charge too much.

csqwared 20:07 03 Apr 09

The manufacturers name and model number will be on the motherboard somewhere. I have two machines, one with a Foxconn board where the name is close to the CPU and the model number close to the chipset. My other board is a Gigabyte with the model number alongside the RAM slots. Have a really good look and possibly Google any names/numbers you find. As has been suggested, once you've gotr the info it's relatively easy do download a manual.

cc

raziel08 20:19 03 Apr 09

thank you for that csqwared. will have a look on the motherboard and let you know.

raziel08 13:19 04 Apr 09

managed to find the correct details for the motherboard and i have downloaded and saved the manual. Thanks for all your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…