lcn.com

steve263000 04:46 14 Sep 05

Have any of the forum users used click here and if so what are your thoughts on the price structure? Is it reasonable or are there better deals out there for the same package. I am looking at the NT1 package with a co.uk domain name.

Charlie Babbage 09:25 16 Sep 05

... for Domain name providers? Of course, price alone may not be the best thing to go by and it would be sensible to see if you get any other suggestions from other Forum members.

Sorry, I have no recommendation of my own to give you!

Charlie

harristweed 10:45 16 Sep 05

I have about 10 sites with Supanames
click here
PHP, Mysql, control panel etc. Been using them for over 3 years, excellent support and very reasonable prices.

HighTower 11:10 22 Dec 05

I have around 20 of my sites with LCN and they are pretty good value for money.

The busier sites I do tend to be hosted with Hostway, but for a small site LCN are fine. They offer Unix Hosting with PHP and a mySQL database for around £60 a year so I can offer small database driven content managed sites without the higher hosting costs you normally associate with these facilities, something smaller clients seem to like.

Reliability? Well, you get what you pay for and there are occaisons where I've found sites down. A quick call informs me they are rebooting a server or something and normally things are resolved quickly. If you call them then the person who can help you answers, normally fairly promptly.

Overall, for a low to medium traffic site they have been good for me and I will continue to use them for the small business on a budget. Anything bigger I will always pay the extra.

HighTower 11:11 22 Dec 05

Forgot to mention - go for Unix rather than NT. For some reason I find that their Unix sites spider much better in Google than their NT ones. No idea why.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…