lcd tv problem

septic savlon 19:41 05 Jan 09

i have a lcd 42" tv and i have had 2 years, and all has been well. and still is when it comes on.
you see when i turn it off, standby becuase thats all it has. it stays off for about a week then i plug it back in a week later and it comes on so i enjoy it while i can then i turn it of and then it wont come back on for a week or two but when it does there is nothing wrong with the tv itsself. any ideas thanks

Kevscar1 19:48 05 Jan 09

does it do the same if you just leave it in standby

septic savlon 13:39 06 Jan 09

yes the stand bye light goes out and will n ot come back on, till the days it decides to work. its putting it in stanby that seems to cause it somehow. but it does the same when i unplug it. it stays off for a week or so no matter how many times i put the plug in. you hear the time deley work but no standbye light then yuo put plug in one day and it comes straight on no problem stays on in perfect working order i mean perfect then when you turn it off/stanbye its gone for a week.

septic savlon 17:57 07 Jan 09

help if you can

johnnyrocker 20:18 07 Jan 09

in my opinion the set has a faulty capacitor in the psu start up circuit, if you are not competent about workin on the insides you are best off with local repairman otherwise i can advise you further

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…