LCD TV compatibility

stephen_p 13:53 24 Jan 06

Hi everyone

Am new to this site and so far I have found it's a fantastic source of information.

I have a query, I want to build a new system with windows meda centre, TV tuner, large hard drive and large screen(approx 26").

I have built a few systems before but want to know if LCD TV's are compatible and if they are do you need any special leads to connect to your PC.

thanks

jack 19:36 24 Jan 06

Different makes models of LCD TV'shave varying connectivity- You will have to study each model you have in mind to see if they have the appropriate connection/firmware - AVI I think it is called

ade.h 19:47 24 Jan 06

DVI-I.

jack 19:55 24 Jan 06

Thank you ade.h
I guessed it was nothing like what I thought.
We have a steam flask on its side and will have for years to come I guess even though we get it for free
next year.[programs that is not the TV]

jack 19:55 24 Jan 06

Thank you ade.h
I guessed it was nothing like what I thought.
We have a steam flask on its side and will have for years to come I guess even though we get it for free
next year.[programs that is not the TV]

DieSse 22:36 24 Jan 06

*but want to know if LCD TV's are compatible*

Compatible with a PC? - some are some aren't.

Some have VGA inputs which connect to a PC just like a monitor. Even if they don't have a VGA input, some have other types of input that can be connected to a computer.

Some models are even sold as combined monitors and TVs (generally the smaller ones).

Some TVs are unsuitable for use as monitors owing to too low a resolution to be useable.

At the end of the day, what you need to get depends on what you want to use it for.

stephen_p 09:41 25 Jan 06

Thanks everyone for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017