LCD Screen Cleaning

Bernard2 11:35 10 Apr 04

I recently purchased an Iiyama Prolite E481S 19" LCD monitor (a really excellent product by the way). In the handbook it mentions what SHOULDN'T be used to clean marks from the screen (after trying the soft dry cloth) but fails to mention what SHOULD be used. Are there any proprietory products on the market or has anyone any advice they could give me?

SANTOS7 11:43 10 Apr 04

click here this should help

Djohn 12:14 10 Apr 04

Hi Bernard2. The main thing is to try and keep finger-prints off the screen. Just use a soft clean cloth and lightly flick off any dust that accumulates.

If you need to remove any finger-prints or grease marks then a soft cloth dipped in a mild solution of warm water with a little liquid soap added. Wring out the cloth until just damp and use very light pressure across the screen then buff lightly with a fresh dry soft cloth. All this to be done with the monitor turned off.

I've used this method on my son's laptop many times and the screen is still as new. [He works in an environment that is very difficult not to get marks on the screen[. j.

Bernard2 12:26 10 Apr 04

Many thanks to SANTOS7 and Djohn for your swift replies. I will certainly purchase the product recommended by SANTOS7 but, in the meantime, will use Djohn's solution (in both senses of the word!)
I much appreciate your advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…