LCD or Plasma for gaming

suburban train 18:07 13 Dec 06

Hi All

Just really want to generate some opinion on which TV sets are better for games consoles. I am considering buying either an Xbox 360 or PS3 and not sure which is better to play on an LCD or Plasma?

Does anyone own an LCD or plasma and use it for playing games if so please share your experinces on the quality of picture.

Thanks

postie24 18:42 13 Dec 06

For screen size under 40inch,go for lcd,42inch and over go for plasma.Please note plasma are more prone to screen burn on stationary images.

Fingees 18:57 13 Dec 06

LCD gives better definition, and far far less chance of screen burn on still image. Over five minutes on Plasma could cause problem.

DrScott 19:35 13 Dec 06

or your Xbox 60 games will look village.

suburban train 20:53 13 Dec 06

Are you meaning for example I paused a game or DVD and left it for 5mins there could be a screen burn?

citadel 21:18 13 Dec 06

I have a samsung hd ready lcd and it has a gaming screen setting.

alan9900 21:25 13 Dec 06

plasma screens will be affected by games with static borders or logos, lcd screens will be the better option. I use a Samsung lcd with no problems games look fantastic

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…