LCD Monitors advice

Tattooeddude 14:53 20 Jul 03

Hi!
I have just finished building a pc for games. Now all I need to do is buy a monitor. Are LCD monitors any good for gaming?
This is the monitor I was thing about buying
click here

Thanks in advance

Rayuk 15:04 20 Jul 03

For gaming you need a response time of 25 minumum.This one has a 30ms response time click here

Here is one such example Benq 15"
click here

Djohn 15:05 20 Jul 03

Nice looking monitor, Yes, they are good for gaming, but some will still prefer a CRT for games.

TFTs are literally getting better by the day, I have a 17" AOC TFT, only play the odd game now and then, but the display is perfect. I watch a lot of DVD movies on my PC because of the surround sound system I have.

The picture quality is as good, [Even better in the day, no reflections on screen] as when watched on my Sony TV, new model, but only stereo sound. j.

Tattooeddude 18:21 20 Jul 03

Hi!
I'm still not realy sure what to buy. I like the Sony TFT monitor- but I found this about them.
click here

Rayuk 19:04 20 Jul 03

A little more info on dead pixels
click here

Djohn 19:04 20 Jul 03

Unfortunately this applies to all TFT's except CTX brand, they offer a three month warranty! To be fair though, it is very few that now have this problem, some manufacturers are better than others at replacing for faulty pixels.

AOC are well known for accepting 1 dead pixel as a reason to swap out for a new monitor, Though this is not in their written terms. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…