LCD Monitors

Jack-262645 11:45 22 Apr 03

I am considering purchasing a Sharp LL-T1620, which you recommend, but wonder about your statement that it is lacking for home entertainment. I mainly use my computer for photography and watching the odd DVD, not for games. Would it be OK for my usage.

Regards. Jack Huddart

Djohn 12:37 22 Apr 03

While CRT monitors are still considered the best for Professional graphics work, TFT displays are not that far behind.

For home use you will find a TFT an excellent choice for Photo. work/Movies, and even games.

I have recently changed my monitor from a 19" CRT to a 17" TFT with no loss of screen display area, and found many benefits.

These range from space saving to sharpness of text/graphics. One of the contributing facts to image quality is the complete lack of reflection under all lighting conditions. TFT's have a matt finish to the screen, and because there is no "fast" refresh rate required, they are much easier to the eyes.

For the above reasons, yes. If you want the best of colour matching, and control of image contrast for professional output, then the CRT is probably still your best bet. J.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…