//some 3rd party need geo

LCD Monitor buying advice request

jim1947 12:57 03 Mar 04

I am thinking of buying this click here but I am confused regarding the connections. I don't have a DVI connection on my graphics card, so will it work via a standard 15 pin vga connector like a CRT monitor. Many thanks for your help in advance.

tom boy 13:07 03 Mar 04

they are bad for games

hoverman 13:12 03 Mar 04

Do not agree. I have a 17.4" Taxan TFT monitor and it is great with games.

jim1947 14:11 03 Mar 04

Thanks for the comments, but will it connect to and work with a graphics card without a DVI connector. Thanks.

JerryJay 14:14 03 Mar 04

Most modern LCD have both dvi and vga connectors. Lot of them only have vga, there are a few models are dvi only (not many). Check the specification of LCD to make sure vga connection (sometime called s-sub, I think).

JerryJay 14:17 03 Mar 04

From the picture, it seems there is one vga (just above power connector). Try to look specification, but cannot open the files yet.

Quite impressive one. I will get one if I have money.

JerryJay 14:24 03 Mar 04

This is extracts from specification

Horizontal Sync 30kHz-80kHz (VGA), 30kHz-66kHz (DVI)

Vertical Sync 59Hz-75Hz (VGA), 59Hz-61Hz (DVI)

Connections: D-15,DVI, C-Video, S-Video,YCbCr

I think D-15 is D-sub or vga connection, but I am not experts on IT terminology.

What price you are paying? I am thinking to get one and connect to PC and digital TV box.

JerryJay 14:30 03 Mar 04

Form click here I found the infor

PC Signal Input Connection
VGA 15 Pin D-Sub & DVI-D

So no problem to connect without dvi. The lowest price I found is £522, anyone find lower?

jim1947 14:33 03 Mar 04

JerryJay the cheapest I can find is £522.00 at ebuyer.com but having dealt with them before, and dealing with the frustration of their returns procedure if any thing goes wrong I may pay a little more and get it from Simply or Savastore. If anyone else knows of a cheaper place please let me know. I will close this now and thanks for all your input, any further comments will still be welcome. Many thanks again.

Djohn 14:34 03 Mar 04

If you click on the "Features" link it will show a picture of the rear of the monitor and just above the power connection is a connector for "VGA" click here j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…