LCD Monitor

matt210222 07:03 24 Dec 07

I am wondering if you get a better picture or quality on your monitor by which cable you use to connect it to the PC?
I currently am using this monitor
ViewSonic VP2130b 21.3"

Gongoozler 07:42 24 Dec 07

Digital is definitely better than analogue. I doubt that there's much difference between one digital cable and another. It's the nature of a digital signal that it either works or doesn't, there's not much in between. An analogue signal degrades with cable length, so if you use a long cable it's best to use a good quality one.

User-312386 07:50 24 Dec 07

As Gongoozler has said, use a digital cable.
Do not buy an expensive one and do not be drawn in by gold plated jobbies. A digital input is Zeros and Ones (0 and 1) and therefore it is irrelevant what type of cable you have.

matt210222 08:15 24 Dec 07

Using the USB cable wouldnt have a big difference than using the DVI cable then as well?

Gongoozler 09:12 24 Dec 07

The USB cable has no bearing on the picture quality. As far as I know the USB cable is only so that the monitor can also act as a USB hub.

matt210222 09:21 24 Dec 07

Ahh, so glad you cleared that up for me, that will surely come in handy, thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…