LCD display

sputnick 19:35 23 Mar 04

I have recently bought a 17" LCD monitor.ECS EZ17C
but I cannot shrink the verticle dimensions of the display ( a circle is not round ) I can adjust side to side and top to bottom. I have spoken to technical at ECS but there is no way to change dimensions using on screen menu. I also cannot change using the graphics card software.
Hercules NVIDIA Prophet 11.
Any suggestions or does anyone know of display card that will do this.

Djohn 20:58 23 Mar 04

sputnick. What setting do you have for your display?

1) Refresh rate.

2) Resolution.

sputnick 16:59 24 Mar 04

I am using resolution of 800x600
I have tried refresh rates of 60, 70, 72, and 75
also optimal and adaptor default.

Diemmess 17:14 24 Mar 04

Try resolution of 1280 X 1024, most 17" displays seem to behave with this setting and dislike any other

Rayuk 18:38 24 Mar 04

You can only use the native resolution any other resolution as Diemmess says will be distorted.

Rayuk 18:39 24 Mar 04

Also another thing to note is to use
Clear Type

In Display settings/Appearance/Effects

Djohn 19:06 24 Mar 04

As Diemmess and Rayuk have said. 17" TFT will be at it's best set to native resolution of 1280x1024 and refresh of 60Htz.

Then right click on your desktop, choose properties then appearance tab, click on "Effects" and choose "clear-type" now go to the Microsoft site at the link below and you can Fine tune your clear-type to any one of 6 settings. Only takes 2 clicks of the mouse to do. j. click here

sputnick 09:12 25 Mar 04

Many thanks guys
Changing to Higher res. worked.
Why can`t the suppliers give this info.
I`ve e-mailed ECS no reply,
Hercules NVIDIA,no help, Samsung, no reply.
It take good communications via PCA to get help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…