LCD black screen

engine5 15:01 30 Oct 05

I have an LCD Monitor/TV and some CLOT on moving it, so as to clean underneath, layed it down. I now have nothing but a black screen. Buyers beware if you don't keep the screens upright you will most probably be throwing good money away. I have kept the screen in an upright position and hopefully it may work again in time. Unless somebody out the knows different.

Djohn 15:11 30 Oct 05

No harm will come to a TFT from laying it down, either on its back, or face down, but do be careful not to scratch the screen if you lay it face down.

Check your connections to the monitor and the rear of your PC unit, they may have come lose. Check to see if there is more than one On/Off button on your monitor, mine has the normal one on the front and a second one at the rear just where the power lead goes in.

I can assure you that laying it down has not caused this problem, please look to see what else has been altered.

engine5 11:44 31 Oct 05

Thanks for the info Djohn. Problem now solved as the power pack decided to pack up at the same time.

Djohn 14:15 31 Oct 05

Your welcome engine5. Pleased you've sorted the problem but sorry you have a duff power pack.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…