Lazer Printer - Any Suggestions on a Model?

MoggieX 11:29 08 Jul 04

Hi,

Any suggestions on a model? Theres so many!!

I want it for business use for around 50-60 prints per day, but I don't want to pay the earth in cartridges.

Black & white is ok, but if anyone has any suggestions on a colour one, would be quite interested.

Thanks in Advance!

Matt

byfordr 11:36 08 Jul 04

The kyocera 1020d are pretty good for about £220 and include duplex function, the toners are refillable or not too expensive to replace.

Colour ones can be picked up as cheap as £350 now.

There have been several recent group tests in the pc mags, may be worth having a quick dig around.

T

The kyocera 1020d are pretty good for about £220 and include duplex function, the toners are refillable or not too expensive to replace.

There have been several recent group tests in the pc mags, may be worth having a quick dig around.

R

R

vinnyT 11:37 08 Jul 04

Samsung lazer printers are quite popular, I have the ml-4500 (think this has been superceded now?). It's a great printer and I'm still on the original cart (feb03), but I don't do as much printing as you intend, so maybe one of the models that are for workgroups (ie have a network connector) would be more suitable for you. Why not do a serach in the consumerwatch forum?

I'm sure you will get many more responses, but this gets the ball rolling.

Pesala 12:11 08 Jul 04

The Kyocera 1200 Duplex Laser is pretty good click here

60 pages a day = about 20,000 a year, so that might save you as much as £200 a year in toner compared to other laser printers. Duplexing could save money on paper too. For occasional colour, I would recommend a separate inkjet printer rather than a colour laser. Having two printers also helps when everything needs to be done at once, or if one needs servicing.

€dstowe 13:29 08 Jul 04

I agree with Pesala, especially about separate mono laser and colour inkjet printers.

As well as the Kyocera, don't neglect the Samsung models. We've been using several Samsung ML1210 machines for a long time now as general purpose very hard working office printers. One of them has just died on us but, I'm not the least surprised after all the work it has done. I would certainly recommend them.

Pesala 17:53 08 Jul 04

€dstowe, are you using toner refills for the Samsung? How many pages do you get out of a cartridge.

If I used orginals on my Epson EPL5900 I estimate a cost of 2p a page for toner. £70 cartridge does about 3,500 copies at best in real-life situation.

With refill toner at £10 a bottle, the cost comes down to about £80 for 7,000 pages or 1.14 p/page. OPC drum costs are not a signficant part of the cost - about £45 for 30,000 pages or 0.15 p / page.

Charence 18:15 08 Jul 04

Makro had a Lexmark Colour Laser Printer on sale for £299 or £199, can't quite remember. Very good quality but expensive toner. Lexmark C510

The quality is even better than Epson Durabrite and is also water proof, so it won't smudge if you spill something on it as I found out!

€dstowe 18:38 08 Jul 04

We refill the cartridges with toner from click here

The toner is Xerox manufacture and costs £38·78 + VAT for three bottles. Each bottle fills the cartridge twice plus a bit.

I've never calculated pages per refill as we just use them as general purpose office printers but, it is a very large number - several thousand sheets.

€d

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:42 08 Jul 04

Samsung do a laser, B&W printer for around £45 from PCW (well they were when they were on offer a month ago). I know 4 businesses that use them, they appear to be very reliable and quite sparing on the toner.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…