Layers in Frontpage 2003

Leannrobb 17:34 27 Jun 06

I have developed a web site for my sports club (click here)which caters for both senior and junior members.

The site navigation is fairly basic ie: hyperlinks on text, with duplicate
headings for senior and junior info.

I would like to enhance this navigation panel by adding cascading menus to provide a choice under a single heading eg

Fixtures - Senior Club - 1st/2nd/3rd/4th teams
Junior Club - U16's/U14's/U12's

I have managed to create layers and buttons to show 'Fixtures - Senior Club/Junior Club' but am having trouble getting the third levels to work
properly - when the cursor hovers over 'Fixtures' the 'Senior Club/Junior Club' layer/buttons appears (and disappears when the cursor moves off), and when the cursor moves over the 'Senior Club' button the 'Teams' layer
appears but it doesn't disappear when the cursor moves off.

I have added behaviours for the layers/buttons for the 2nd and 3rd levels in the same way as for the 1st and 2nd layers.

If any one can help I'd very much appreciate it.

Leannrobb

Chris147 14:37 28 Jun 06

You're probably better off using JavaScript for this kind of control - FrontPage can be pretty clumsy at times.

If you don't know any JavaScript, don't panic - there are plenty of excellent books available (try your local library first). There are also lots of websites dedicated to JavaScript you can visit - try:

click here

Alternatively, you could try a different wysiwyg package - Dreamweaver, for instance, offers much better control over layers.

HTH,

Chris.

ade.h 15:06 28 Jun 06

Your post is not entirely clear; are you trying to create navigation menu flyouts? If so, that is indeed done with javascript. click here for an example (you'll need scripts enabled if you currently have them blocked), but please don't look in too much detail at that site - strictly work in progress right now! Right-click and select View Page Source (or whatever your browser's equivalent is) to see the code.

ade.h 23:14 29 Jun 06

?

Leannrobb 17:53 03 Jul 06

Thanks to both of you - I haven't been able to get to the PC for a few days, so sorry if it looked as though I was ignoring you.

I am indeed trying to create navigation menu flyouts.

I have had to go with just the two layers while I work out how to do the rest.

Thanks for the pointers but it is not going to be an easy fix for me as I know nothing about 'Javascript'.

I will persevere - thanks a lot.

Leannrobb

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…