Lavasoft Personal Firewall?! Gets more interesting

Major Disaster 23:48 03 Dec 05

Just had a look on the lavasoft (adaware) website and theyve released a personal firewall! Did not know lavasoft were thining of such a thing. Had a look at the tech specs data sheet and it gave a screenshot. It has more than a passing resembalance to outpost to say the least.

Anyone hear that lavasoft bought angantium or have any tests of thsi firewall? Just interested is all.

Thanks

Devil Fish 04:34 04 Dec 05

from what i can work out Lavasoft have purchsed a license to distribute an outpost build under there own name they havn't taken over angantium as far as i can see

JYPX 20:32 04 Dec 05

It's just a Lite version of Outpost Firewall. Probably of interest to people who like Outpost (the paid-for version) but don't bother with all the add-ons.

SG Atlantis® 21:12 04 Dec 05

any good though?

Major Disaster 21:13 04 Dec 05

thats what i want to know

ade.h 22:00 04 Dec 05

Well the full-version of Outpost is probably the best firewall around. So configurable. I've used it on my main desktop for some time and it will soon replace Kerio on my other PCs.

Here's a link to the Agnitum UK page for anyone who want's a trial-version click here

JYPX 22:45 04 Dec 05

Yes I agree with ade.h. Outpost is the best Firewall. Someone on the official Outpost forums made the point that although the Lavasoft branded version may appear to be the cheaper option, a careful search will normaly find you an offer from Agnitum which means there is nothing in it. And....a recent magazine cover disc (Personal Computer World I think) had a 6 month licence for Outpost with a low cost upgrade to a full licence.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…