lavasoft Adaware Se Pro vs Webroot Spysweeper

MMN DESIGN 02:02 17 Jan 06

As usual, I come to you with my misconceptions.

Which of the 2 would you all prefer??

Thanks again for your undivided time and patience.

RESPECTFULLY..........Mark

rawprawn 08:37 17 Jan 06

I have never tried Adaware Pro, but Spysweeper is very good.

PC Bilbo 09:31 17 Jan 06

I use Spysweeper too and find it good.If you are on B.B. buy version 3 on e-Bay cheaply and it will let you update to current version 4 free.

Shortstop 09:43 17 Jan 06

I use Adaware [+spybot], but never Spysweeper and never had a problem from day installing.

My daughter [VERY PC literate] bought Spysweeper and extolled its virtues - until she had to update. A week later she was still having PC lockout problems and was receiving minimal help from the makers so decided to uninstall and used the opportunity to reformat her hard drive at the same time as it hadn't been done for a long while. Re-installed Spysweeper & now she's back to no issues again.

I guess it's up to the individual: she swears by S/S saying it is better and more intuitive than AA - but I remember her 'Week of Hell' and figure that my freebies are as good and see no reason to change.

HTH

Paul

MMN DESIGN 17:32 17 Jan 06

Thanks to all.

I wish more would respond, because at the moment I have both, and when I boot I always get a server busy message on my desktop, and it has become quite annoying. So I am trying to determine ( From users choice ) which one is best.

JYPX 18:04 17 Jan 06

MMN DESIGN - There are four apps in this field that are powerfull enough to do the job:
Spysweeper
Microsoft
Sunbelt Counterspy
Spyware Doctor

Ad-Aware is just not in the same class although it is far better than nothing and of course is free in it's basic version. I can't see the point of paying for any version of Ad-Aware.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced