Lavasoft - AdAware

davidmoore 09:41 21 Jan 07

Receiving error message when trying to retrieve the updated definitions file. Also when trying to access Lavasoft web site getting "Unable to display this page" messages. Anyone else expweriencing similar difficulties.

VoG II 09:48 21 Jan 07
  davidmoore 10:32 21 Jan 07

Thanks VoG for your help. Have looked at Internet security & discovered that somehow various Lavasoft sites had been added to my Restricted Sites list, whilst at the same time they were stil listed in the trusted sites list. Have removed these entries from Restricted Sites, but am still unable to access Lavasoft sites. Have recently installed Windows Live Messenger & associated Toolbar, could this have any effect.

€dstowe 10:39 21 Jan 07

I have noticed that the connection to the update site is very slow recently and I have have a couple of timeouts. Seems OK today, though.

desi3026 11:04 21 Jan 07

I've been having trouble connecting to Lavasoft since early January.Is taking about 45 seconds to a minute to connect.Used to be about a couple of seconds.

i had similar problems, mine is back to normal now

davidmoore 11:13 21 Jan 07

Thank you for your comments. In my case it is not a case of slow speed, but inabilty to access at all. I have checked my Restricted & Trusted sites lists, and they appear noe to be in order, but still denied access. It may well be something peculiar to my computer, but I don't know where else to look for a solution. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Stuartli 11:19 21 Jan 07

Have you checked your firewall settings?

Jim Thing 11:28 21 Jan 07

For what it's worth, I've just updated AdAware and scanned my system (it's a regular Sunday morning routine). Everything happened as usual. No problem with the program.
Cheers
Jim

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…