Lavasoft Ad-aware

L_Driver 12:33 25 Nov 09

Have used Ad-aware in the past ( vers 1.06 ) recently dowloaded new free ( vers 8.1.2 ). Not impressed unless I`m missing summat ! Cannot change folders to be scanned . Scan always does the whole C drive. Older version let me for example scan My Docs only. Am I doing something wrong ? Anyone else experience this ?

Technotiger 13:21 25 Nov 09

Click on Settings in main window, then click on Profile Scans tab, to see Folders to scan etc.

L_Driver 13:37 25 Nov 09

Ta for that but it does not work. Altho Mydocuments folder listed ( I entered it ) the scan ( any scan ) checks the full C: drive. I am pretty sure this was straight-forward with my older version. Is it poss the new FREE vers does not let you tailor ?

sunnystaines 14:19 25 Nov 09

That programe lost its direction, I do not think many use it now that so many other good free one's available

Technotiger 14:29 25 Nov 09

I am using the same version (8.1.2), and have just scanned my Documents and Settings Folder, only!

In Profile Scan untick all those listed in the right-hand box, then click on Select Folders and then on Add, then select which folders you want to scan.

Are you a driving instructor by any chance?

L_Driver 15:46 25 Nov 09

Can someone recommend something better cos I agree about losing direction... much older vers of this product was far more straight-forward.
Regarding last bit of advice, it worked BUT changes made ( folder change ) then apply to the other scan types ie The Full Scan will only look at the docs folder if u selected that in the Profile scan.

woodchip 16:23 25 Nov 09

Just a Question Is the above or Sybot any good today or as things moved on to better things i.e software

sunnystaines 16:36 25 Nov 09

click here

click here

ditch adaware and use these two above both free and good at scanning and repair

click here

is also good but gets bogged down in too many false positive readings

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…