Latop battery drain even when switched off

Zurdo 15:06 15 Nov 08

My Vaio laptop can lose up to 20% battery overnight even when shut down(not hibernating). It seems a known problem see click here and click here but with no real answers. Other than removing the battery has anyone any ideas?

Pamy 16:31 15 Nov 08

Have you tried charging the battery fully, then removing it then put it back in in the morning and see if it has still lost that much power.

MAT ALAN 16:38 15 Nov 08

All batteries will leech when not in use, especially lithium batteries, If it is loosing that much power i would say it is time to buy another...

Have you tried the possible solutions from your first link...

Zurdo 16:43 15 Nov 08

The laptop is fairly new so I don't think the battery at fault. Gonna try the other suggestions tonight. I put the query on here first to see if anyone had noticed the drain for themselves. Thanks.

Zurdo 11:20 16 Nov 08

Well I shut it down last night on battery power (100%) removed the battery for a couple of mins then replaced it. Booted up this morning on AC power and it's showing 95% battery level. So it's not the battery. Still can't fathom out what drains it when left in all the time. Wake on Lan is disabled etc. Just another computer mystery then!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…