Latest Windows updates causing problems

Kudu 12:34 23 Feb 03

I just installed the latest Win. updates & the computer rebooted to install them.It went thro the normal boot procedure but when the Windows screen appears a blue screen with white writing flashes past & it starts to reboot again & this goes on & on in a circle.

I went into bios & altered it so it would not stop at any faults but it did not help me.

Computer now restarting every 5mins so i have had to unplug it.Has this happened to anyone else or anyone know where to start looking for solution.

AndySD 12:54 23 Feb 03

What is your Operating System?

Lozzy 12:55 23 Feb 03

Try booting into safe mode, re set your system restore back to a date prior to the download then re boot normally. If that doesn't work then, I assume your operating system is XP, insert the XP cd and boot from there and carry out the repair function.

One other point is booting in safe mode works then carry out a scan and de-frag the HDD

Kudu 16:02 23 Feb 03

Thanks your solution worked fine.

I restored to yesterday & am defrag. drive at moment.Will the Windows updates i installed this morning still be on file or will they download again ? Do you think it was the content of updates that caused it as i never had this happen before or just some other fault.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…