Latest Windows Update

babybell 21:16 26 Aug 05

Yesterday i turned on my pc and windows update started downloading an update which was very large, around 50 mb. It said it was Service Pack 3. I've just come round to my girlfrieds house, who has the EXACT same pc and software and she hasn't had an update. I went on the windows update website and it said there is no update available, and when i checked her update history, the last update she had was on the 11th August and it was a small update. Anyone know why she might not be getting it?

VoG II 21:23 26 Aug 05

There is no such thing as Service Pack 3.

Scan for viruses click here

VoG II 21:24 26 Aug 05

Assuming XP of course.

babybell 21:28 26 Aug 05

Hmmm, worried now. I do have McAfee running to pick up viruses. It was totally authentic tho, the little yellow shiled was in the tool bar, i double clicked it and it said it was installing certani features, not on home pc at mo but when i can i will let u know what it said it installed

p;3 21:34 26 Aug 05

I am on Win 98se; my last update was 16th Aug IE6, service pack; before that 24th July; j viewer; none more available;suggest as Vog says and scan your pc;what other protection programs have you on there?

VoG II 21:41 26 Aug 05

Which version of Windows do you have babybell?

mgmcc 22:04 26 Aug 05

I believe that Windows Update can now automatically retrieve updates for both Windows XP and Microsoft Office. There IS an SP3 for Office XP.

Stuartli 23:43 26 Aug 05

Windows 98SE is basically no longer supported by MS - it's far removed from XP updates.

Skills 23:57 26 Aug 05

Yes there is a service pack 3 for office xp which is about 50 meg don't know when it was released thou

Stuartli 00:06 27 Aug 05

There are so many Office updates it's difficult to follow them but this might be the one:

click here

Stuartli 00:07 27 Aug 05

There are so many Office updates it's difficult to follow them but this might be the one:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…