Latest W7 Update

Scrivers 10:46 01 Oct 10

Anyone having the same problems as me with the latest Windows 7 update. I get notification of 3 updates, restart the computer to install them and on restart it sits there telling me 0% installed then eventually briefly says something like "reverting" and completes its startup. I immediately get another notification of an update and it goes through the same loop. Then it said restart computer to complete updates and managed to get to 35%. I then get another notification of an update and so we're going on. It's still not finished yet. Anyone getting the same problem

chub_tor 11:12 01 Oct 10

It seems that several people on this forum have similar problems with the latest update. One of them, Quizman, has found that downloading the updates manually from the Microsoft website has fixed it for him. Might be worth a try, personally I had no problems on 3 different machines.

mooly 12:51 01 Oct 10

Would be interesting to know if there was a common denominator... registry cleaner or optimization program used etc

I'm running Vista not W7 and no issues with the two rounds of udates this week... always interesting when this kind of thing happens though.

Scrivers 15:34 01 Oct 10

Hi mooly & chub_tor. It fixed itself eventually, but thanks for your response.

wids001 15:48 01 Oct 10

As I mentioned on another thread, a previous incarnation of these updates also failed to install on my computer a couple of months back.

I am running W7 64bit

wids001 15:49 01 Oct 10

These failed again with exactly the same message as Scrivers.

Will try to instal manually later.

hastelloy 16:23 01 Oct 10

I had this problem. The critical updates were for silverlight so I did a system restore and uninstalled silverlight. The updates were then reinstalled and the same problem recurred. The problem has now gone away - I no not how or why or what the cause was.

wids001 21:28 01 Oct 10

A manual install did the trick, and without a re-boot!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…