Latest Viruses. Anything I can download to clear?

BIGBAGGY 08:27 06 May 04

Hi My Daughters School friends have got this latest virus and their mothers are asking for help to clear it. Is there anything I can download and put on a floppy to use on all PCs or what is best way to clear. If so what from where?
thansk for any help.

Gongoozler 08:37 06 May 04

Hi BIGBAGGY, prevention is really much better than a cure, and with AVG antivirus being available for free from Grisoft click here, no-one need be without protection. Some virusses can be removed with a small software removal tool, so what virus is it that you want to remove?

johnnyrocker 09:00 06 May 04

do a google search for 'stinger' d/load it to a floppy from top listed name 'networks' or similar. covers the 42 or so latest virii dont forget to disable system restore if ME or XP.

johnny.

cycoze 09:07 06 May 04

Symantec W32.Sasser Removal Tool from click here .

Microsoft What You Should Know About the Sasser Worm and Its Variants click here .

Microsoft Sasser(A-D)Worm Removal Tool(KB841720)click here .

cycoze 09:13 06 May 04

Should have added Disabling or enabling Windows XP System Restore click here .

Dont forget to update both System and AntiVirus .

Gemma 09:50 06 May 04

MacAfee Avert Stinger click here is free, small (< 800 KB), fits on a floppy and is regularly updated. I carry the latest version around on a USB memory stick along with AVG (don't forget the registration number), Spybot S&D, Adaware and other anti virus tools. Keep one in your pocket and for £20 you're more or less ready for anything on W98ME and up. For another 20p you could burn the kit to a CD.

When you are disinfecting always turn system restore off first and back on last.

blade3700 10:00 06 May 04

how do I get rid of trojan once it`s on please

cycoze 10:06 06 May 04

click here

click here

click here

click here .

Update/patch Windows and AntiVirus .

BIGBAGGY 10:43 06 May 04

Thanks Gents. Found this info and using this does it look ok.

START > RUN > TYPE "SHUTDOWN -A" > PRESS "OK" APPLY PATCH DOWNLOADED FROM MS > REBOOT

mammak 11:10 06 May 04

click here
this might help also Regards Mammak.

Belatucadrus 11:40 06 May 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…