Latest version of AdAware with Windows 95?

Peter 22:28 09 Dec 04

I have visited the Lavasoft website to download the latest version of AdAware, but I see that its system requirements, for the Windows version, are 98 and above. The trouble is that I am running Windows 95 (I know it's old and outdated (a bit like me), but it still works.) so my question is have any of you out there tried it under Windows 95? Or perhaps someone has an older version, which runs under Windows 95, but which is more recent than the AdAware Ver 5 that I already have?

stalion 22:50 09 Dec 04

I would seriously suggest that you upgrade soon as all support for windows 95 is virtually defunct.

Peter 00:43 10 Dec 04

Upgrading this machine is not an option; it's too old to be worthwhile. Also, and mainly, some of the software on it, which is used quite often, will not work under later operating systems. I realise that support for Windows 95 is now all but non existent, but it's a proven product and works well with the programmes I run under it.

Jackcoms 08:01 10 Dec 04

"some of the software on it, which is used quite often, will not work under later operating systems"

Windows XP has a system called 'Compatibility Mode' which allows older software, built for Win 95 for example, to run in XP as if it were in a Win 95 environment.

emperor 08:02 10 Dec 04

Follow the links from this thread.

click here

Peter 17:04 10 Dec 04

Thanks for pointing me in the direcion of Silverbeard's thread (perhaps I should have done a bit more searching before I posted this thread.) He seems to be in a very similar situation to me. I also intend to upgrade to a more modern machine when it is convenient, but in the meantime the info in Silverbeard's thread has given me food for thought.

Thanks again emperor.

Peter 17:14 10 Dec 04

I am using VoG™ link from Silverbeard's thread to download AdAware 6 and will try VoG™'s suggestion to try Ad-aware SE, but if there are any problems I will reload a Ghost image backup, which will be taken just before loading AdAware SE.

I will then try AdAware 6 if Ad-aware SE doesn't work with Windows 95.

Thanks everyone for your contributions and assistance.

Green tick time I think!

emperor 20:09 10 Dec 04

There is not much point loading AdAware 6 as support has just finished or is about to finish. There will not be any updates in future so the program will become less and less useful as more spyware is generated.
AdAware SE should work, though!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…