latest updates wont install ??

skippytibb 13:39 16 Oct 13

has anyone else had this problem ? i downloaded the new updates from micrsoft 27 in all, but they wont install now i cant even get my computer to shut down. its seems to be stuck on 1 of 27. i am having to switch off at the machine. any ideas ? cheers. i am running windows 7.

skippytibb 08:50 17 Oct 13

HI yes that worked switched off pc as normal. but i obviously wont be getting MS updates as i have disabled it. any other solutions please.

skippytibb 08:52 17 Oct 13

HI yes that worked switched off pc as normal. but i obviously wont be getting MS updates as i have disabled it. any other solutions please.

Ex plorer 09:25 17 Oct 13

See if you can manually update from Control Panel for now just one or two updates at a time.

You could try going back to previous date when the PC was running OK and see what happens.

Secret-Squirrel 09:42 17 Oct 13

"...... its seems to be stuck on 1 of 27"

When you're doing the manual update, keep an eye on its progress and report back the name and KB number of the problem update. There's a chance it may be non-essential and you can safely tell Windows not to bother installing it.

skippytibb 12:19 17 Oct 13

ok guys thanks for the tips i have done a restore but can only go back so far. never had trouble with updates before very strange. i did try it manually but the same thing happened.

bumpkin 13:20 17 Oct 13

" i downloaded the new updates from micrsoft 27 in all, but they wont install now"

How much time did you give it, the last time (yesterday) I did some updates it took about an hour. I too thought it was stuck but it finally finished as I was about to switch it off at the case switch. I shall do them at night in future. I don't think you have a problem with your computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…