latest updates wont install ??

skippytibb 13:39 16 Oct 13

has anyone else had this problem ? i downloaded the new updates from micrsoft 27 in all, but they wont install now i cant even get my computer to shut down. its seems to be stuck on 1 of 27. i am having to switch off at the machine. any ideas ? cheers. i am running windows 7.

skippytibb 08:50 17 Oct 13

HI yes that worked switched off pc as normal. but i obviously wont be getting MS updates as i have disabled it. any other solutions please.

skippytibb 08:52 17 Oct 13

HI yes that worked switched off pc as normal. but i obviously wont be getting MS updates as i have disabled it. any other solutions please.

Ex plorer 09:25 17 Oct 13

See if you can manually update from Control Panel for now just one or two updates at a time.

You could try going back to previous date when the PC was running OK and see what happens.

Secret-Squirrel 09:42 17 Oct 13

"...... its seems to be stuck on 1 of 27"

When you're doing the manual update, keep an eye on its progress and report back the name and KB number of the problem update. There's a chance it may be non-essential and you can safely tell Windows not to bother installing it.

skippytibb 12:19 17 Oct 13

ok guys thanks for the tips i have done a restore but can only go back so far. never had trouble with updates before very strange. i did try it manually but the same thing happened.

bumpkin 13:20 17 Oct 13

" i downloaded the new updates from micrsoft 27 in all, but they wont install now"

How much time did you give it, the last time (yesterday) I did some updates it took about an hour. I too thought it was stuck but it finally finished as I was about to switch it off at the case switch. I shall do them at night in future. I don't think you have a problem with your computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac