latest open office vers 2.4

johnnyrocker 23:46 30 May 08

i downloaded this update the other day an have noticed that all my doc files have been changed to notepad icons but still open with open office docs any ideas or ask open office? xp pro sp2

johnny,

johnnyrocker 08:41 31 May 08

any weekenders got an idea?

johnny

€dstowe 08:53 31 May 08

Did you allow OO to be your default office suite during the download?

It used to be that you were required to opt out of OO being the default and it pointed out that it was difficult to change things back afterwards. Don't know whether this still applies.

johnnyrocker 09:24 31 May 08

apologies to all it was version three beta which i have now uninstalled because this morning it kept crashing but has made no difference to all my .docs having wordpad icons but opening as word by open office 2.4, very confused as to why?

johnny

johnnyrocker 10:00 31 May 08

thank you, the DOC extension is set to open with open office.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 10:13 31 May 08

oops! i tried that and if i click DOC the advanced option disappears, and if i do not select anything and then advanced which is available it comes up with alter the icon for audio, am i being thick or is it a weekend thing?

johnnny

johnnyrocker 10:33 31 May 08

if i select the doc file type the option of advanced goes awa and offers change to its default which it says is wordpad but i know they are ordinary letters of .doc type, the icon for the file is correct the list but not in docs list. hope this helps more.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 11:12 31 May 08

i did and have used open office for a long time without a problem, as i have said the icon is correct and the doc with wordpad icon in the list of docs opens correctly in open office word.

johnny

johnnyrocker 15:13 31 May 08

thank you i will try that now i am back

johnny

johnnyrocker 15:37 31 May 08

it cured it, my thanks have a good weekend.

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…