latest Norton update problem

esbe 16:03 02 May 04

Hi, WinMe,NIS2003,
the latest updates which requires a restart, caused my Virus defs to be 'out of date', I noticed this after after checking NAV Status.

I seem to remember this happening the last time that there was a 'Redirector' download, and although the virus defs were downloaded & installed it appears that they were not.

Anyway,I did another Live update, & there were the virus defs ready to be downloaded again and now up to date.

It may well just be my end, but its probably worth checking thats yours are up to date.
cheers.

end 16:37 02 May 04

am on windows 98 2nd ed and had automatic live update run when I switched on; new threats recognised and loaded; have just run manual check and all up to date.....
???why do YOUR updates require a restart, as mine never do (famous last words!!)??

citadel 17:38 02 May 04

sometimes norton updates its programme files and needs a restart.

GaT7 17:58 02 May 04

Usually the automatic updates don't require restarts. I've noticed the manual updates (which are program updates, as against just virus defintions updates) do require restarts at times, as citadel mentioned. It's always best to obey these commands to restart in order to avoid future problems.

lucky1 18:12 02 May 04

Last time there was a Redirector update some of us noticed that the automatic update facility had been switched off after the re-start. Might be an idea to check. Just checked mine and it's okay this time!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5