THE LATEST FROM MICROSOFT

NICK ADSL UK 23:00 23 Jul 03

DIRECT X 9.0b END USER RUNTIME

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE ABOVE HAS JUST BEEN RELEASED
PLEASE DOWNLOAD FROM WINDOWS UPDATES
click here
I HAVE DOWNLOADED THIS UPDATE AND WILL LET THE FORUM KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE THAT ALL IS OK

ALSO JUST IN AS I TYPE
Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 817778
Overview of the Advanced Networking Pack for Windows XP
ALSO PLEASE DOWNLOAD FROM THE ABOVE

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-030

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted: July 23, 2003
JUST RELEASED
Unchecked Buffer in DirectX Could Enable System Compromise (819696
click here

ALSO PLEASE NOTE
Note: DirectX 9.0b has been released at the same time as this security bulletin and contains the security fix discussed in the security bulletin. DirectX 9.0b can be installed on all versions of Windows except Windows NT 4.0 and can be downloaded from the following location:
click here

Gaz 25 23:03 23 Jul 03

Thanks, but I am NOT downloading anymore updates untill I know for sure they are safe.

Not getting stuck again and let my firewall take care of security.

VoG II 23:13 23 Jul 03

Thanks for the DirectX

As Gaz 25, I'm waiting feedback on the others.

graham√ 23:18 23 Jul 03

Can I have a gentle reminder in the morning, all this shouting has woken up the cat.

NICK ADSL UK 00:03 24 Jul 03

Hi all i have installed all the updates from Microsoft and am pleased to say there are no adverse effects on the computer whatsoever

powerless 01:00 24 Jul 03

Why update to DX9?

If you don't play games and dont have a card that supports DX9 then thee is no point in updating.

On the other hand - You have the laatest DX9 card and play games - Update...Update...

hoverman 07:34 24 Jul 03

Installed Direct X 9.0b and all diagnostic tests ran OK. No problems at all with computer performance.

poogles_uk 07:49 24 Jul 03

If you graphics card doesn't support DX 9 or it doesn't say it does are you OK to download it? Cos i dont think the 128 XFX GeForce 4 Ti4200 AGP 8x supports it.

Jester2K II 08:57 24 Jul 03

Got all of todays updates - Thursday AGAIN???

No problems....

poogles_uk 07:54 25 Jul 03

Will it be ok for me?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…