Latest Firefox version now available.

Stuartli 13:52 26 Jul 06

The latest version of Firefox, 1.5.0.5, is now available at:

click here

Mat2 14:07 26 Jul 06

Cheers Stuartli, many thanks

Koochy 14:10 26 Jul 06

I am new to the firefox browser. Up to now i have been using the normal aol one but i decided to give firefox a try and up to now i have no complaints but i was wondering if there are any add ons i should be looking at maybe pop up controls or the like as at the moment i only have the bare browser. I have mcafee security suite and ewido. can you or anybody else in the forum advise on any other security measures i may need. Any help will be greatly received.

Thanks
Koochy

Stuartli 14:14 26 Jul 06

There is a pop up blocker already available in Firefox.

Tools>Content tab.

You should go through the various tabs and configure them to your requirements.

Extensions are available at:

click here

sean-278262 14:17 26 Jul 06

faster fox
adblock
inforss
session saver
tabbrowser preferences
foxytunes
adblock filterset.g update
forecastfox
tab mix plus
foxytunes

All the main ones I like most. Have many others that I use but those are ones you probably will find best.

As for security, so long as you have antispyware and antivirus software that is updated weekly you will be fine. Do ensure you do a virus scan at least once a week along with a full any spyware run.

Also spyware blaster (free program just google) is a useful application to have to keep spyware off your system.

A

Stuartli 14:26 26 Jul 06

Actually I use Firetune Firefox rather than FasterFox (free from):

click here

Simple, quick and effective.

sean-278262 14:28 26 Jul 06

Basically the same idea. To be honest not a lot of difference it makes considering most people have broadband connections so usually only a few bits faster.

Stuartli 14:30 26 Jul 06

Probably. But it did make a considerable difference in the days of dialup and also saved all the messing about doing the configuration from about:congig..:-)

Koochy 14:41 26 Jul 06

This fasterfox thing has done wonders for my internet speed i have been having a bit of trouble with aohell lately but since installing fasterfox the pages are appearing as soon as i click the mouse FANTASTIC.

Cheers guys

Koochy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac