Latest Cover Disc

dartiss 18:37 20 Jul 06

The latest PC Advisor has Driver Genius on the cover DVD. Has anybody tried it? I can't get the automatic update facility to work (which makes the product useless).

I've checked my firewall and even disabled it, but that doesn't seem to be the cause.

David.

johndrew 19:31 20 Jul 06

Driver Genius was on August 2006 (issue 133) the latest I have is September 2006 (issue 134) - arrived last week.

I have installed Driver Genius and used the driver backup but have been far too nervous to go further. When I posted for help click here you can see the result.

Hope this helps.

RickyC :-) 19:39 20 Jul 06

If you could email [email protected] with details of your operating system and specify that you received the full Driver Genius software from the PC Advisor cover disc, hopefully the technical staff there will be able to provide some help. Please copy me on your email (you can find my email address on Page 8 of the magazine) so that I can help if needed.

kind regards

Richard
CD Editor

dartiss 19:45 20 Jul 06

Many thanks Richard - an email is on its way.

David.

250diesel 11:27 15 Aug 06

Following trial of cover disc version I purchased the lastest Pro 2006 version.
I have had nothing but problems with it. After backing up existing driver I have run the programme and it shows some driver updates are required. But when I select auto-update/ download using EI/ from Driver Wizard site the downloading screen flashes up for approx 1 second then disappears - no download, no update.
I have tried disabling my firewall - altho event load shows no activity - but it has made no difference.
I have contacted Bluesquad the UK distributors of the software but got no where.
I did read that this may be caused by Windows Defender.
Any thought or solutions?
Thanks

woodchip 12:33 15 Aug 06

many programs like that, look at the date of the driver, if it looks old it says that it needs or may need updating, without even knowing if there is any updates. It cannot update if there are none

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:29 15 Aug 06

USe it to back up your drivers incase of HDD failure and leave it at that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…