Latest Chrome Update appears not to sit well with Ccleaner

Batch 10:02 16 Jan 14
Answered

This is by way of a warning, subject to further investigation.

Having updated to the latest version of Chrome today (32.0.1700.76 m), I have found that running Ccleaner (with various Chrome cleanups selected) causes Chrome to subsequently report corruptions / lack of extensions etc. etc.

Ccleaner actually makes internal changes to various Chrome settings files. Seems likely that Chrome has made some fundamental changes that do not sit at all well with with what Chrome now does.

In the short term I would suggest disabling Chrome cleaning in Ccleaner and installing something like Click&Clean (a Chrome extension).

Batch 10:03 16 Jan 14

Re-write: Ccleaner actually makes internal changes to various Chrome settings files. Seems likely that Chrome has made some fundamental changes that do not sit at all well with with what Ccleaner does.

Batch 10:26 16 Jan 14
Answer

OK, panic over.

Seems that the very latest Ccleaner (4.09) works OK with latest Chrome. But the previous Ccleaner 4.08 is not up to scratch.

I've been using Ccleaner for many many years and have not been in the habit of updating every time it and never had an issue (until now).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now