Latest BT E-Mail warnings

Jollyjohn 14:40 07 May 14

Hello All

Have just returned from sorting a customers E-Mail issues and found 2 e-mails allegedly from BT, very very similar to genuine e-mails.

One was about keeping your btinternet.com address active by linking it to your BT Broadband account

The other was a warning about having used 8GB of the 10GB monthly allowance. This one rang the alarm bells as they are on an unlimited tariff.

Both linked to a dodgy website, sorry, forgot to copy address, asking you to login to BT!

Hope this helps. John

The Kestrel 19:56 07 May 14

The email regarding keeping your email address is probably genuine. I have had to link my other two BT email addresses into my BT broadband account email address in order to keep them functioning. This was all done through the official BT website. Easy way to check is for your customer to log in to BT and his account via the normal web address and there should be a message there regarding the email address.

Jollyjohn 10:18 08 May 14

I thought it might be genuine as I am aware BT and Yahoo have parted company and BT is sorting out it's own e-mail servers but when I went click on the link it ended /male/condom/randy/index_1.html So I gave it a miss! My warning is that whoever is behind this has gone to a lot of effort to make the bogus e-mails look genuine.

I agree with your advice to log in to the BT website and look for announcements there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos