Later Model EPSON reset and Refill Cartridges

mooly 07:52 08 Apr 08

Has anybody heard of or tried a reset utility for late model e.g. D78,DX4050 etc that is available from click here This is not the SSC program.
There are specific instructions for using, date on your P.C. has to be altered for it to work. They are also advertising a reseter for cartridges for same, again a lot of info here. I have saved program but am not trying it until I have to. I think the reset prog is under FAQ section. Would be very interesting to know if it works O.K.

jack 08:24 08 Apr 08

I note they sell JR carts
click here

JRInjet sell 'Zapit' re-setter probably the same.
I have one such that I have used in R200/300 carts
I know stuff changes all the time so Epson could I guess be making life difficult as usual.

mooly 17:39 08 Apr 08

Yes, Epson changed the chips in the later printers and until now I don't think there was any way to reset. The protection counter in the DX4050 etc is also a problem but Medea offer this program to reset it. Thought I better check my link out at the top of this post and you need to click on "support" and then "Knowledgebase". There are two Q & A, you want "How do I refill my Epson cartridges", and "How do I reset the protection counter in my Epson printer". They say the genuine cartridges must be refilled before becoming 40% or less full or a sensor actually in contact with the ink tells the chip "You cannot be reset". As you say they make life difficult, but the info on this site well worth a read.

jack 19:32 08 Apr 08

Epson have new cartrisges and chips to compbat the cloners, so the cloners are busy right now sorting them.
Watch out for the likes of Choice Sationery and other who will have their versions out there some time soon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…