Latency and traffic management (Warcraft)

cactusjack 17:49 12 Jun 08

Hello,

I have two machines connected to a Netgear DG834G router - both my a network cable. I currently run World of Warcraft. It is odd, on the older HP machine (Windows XP, dual core, 2GB RAM, 18 months old), I get 80ms when in game usually.

On my new 3 week old Novatech machine (Windows XP, quad core, 2GB RAM, 3 weeks old), I get anything from 150 to 300ms usually when playing. Sometimes going up to 600ms or beyond. This can make things quite difficult.

My question is why does one machine report a much higher latency than the other? This is when I am only playing on one machine and not the other. Both machines run the same firewall (Comodo).

Can anyone recommend actions I can take to reduce latency on my new Novatech machine?

Is there any free software out there which would allow me to manage network traffic - may be something is preventing new machine from taking advantage of the capacity available via the router?

MAT ALAN 20:46 12 Jun 08

click here

this may help...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…