Last Page printed first

Glen 17:12 17 Aug 10

I have a 10 year old Hewlett packard Deskjet 840C which is still working well with my Vista PC. However if I print a multi page document, and click "print all", the last page comes out first. How can I change this?
Glen

northumbria61 17:20 17 Aug 10

Go to "Devices & Printers" OR Printers in Control Panel - right click on your printer - Printer Preferences - Layout Option - Page Order - change order (ie: front to back)

I prefer my last page coming out first - that way if I have 10 pages I have the complete document in page order.

northumbria61 17:24 17 Aug 10

Should have said after Printing Preferences - it should be the Advanced Tab.

keef66 17:26 17 Aug 10

must be something in print preferences to say which way round it should print multi page? I know there is for our Canon. (Admittedly, not 10 yrs old)

Alternatively in Word: File / Print / Options / Reverse Print Order?

Diemmess 17:27 17 Aug 10

Try control panel > printers and Faxes> 840c
Right click on Properties,
Tab> Printing preferences > Paper and look for box "reverse order" - untick this.

When you think about it, if you are printing a multipage document the first page of the document will be on top of the pile which will be in reading order. Its your choice.

Glen 17:35 17 Aug 10

"Front to back is already selected, and the opposite happens. Now I will try it the other way around
Glen

Glen 17:45 17 Aug 10

Success. I tried setting the printer to "Back to Front" and now the front page is printed first. Weird eh?
Thanks all.
Glen

northumbria61 11:44 18 Aug 10

Glen - It is not weird. Front to Back relates to the way you pick up the pages from your printer.

For instance - if you select "back to front" the first page will be printed out first but when you pick up the pages (say 10 pages for instance) the back page will be at the front and you will have to then sort them.

So "front to back" means that the back page is printed first and when you pick the pages up from your printer they will be in order ie; page 1-10 or whatever.

Simple really.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…