Last chance saloon for router

bumpkin 19:59 12 Nov 11

Hi everyone, hope someone can help I had to give up on this. Got a wireless router about 2 weeks ago and set it up with 3 pcs all up and working fine. Two of my children 24 & 25 use these pcs not that I am blaming anyone. One day there was no connection on any pc using the wireless router but instant connection if I used my Linksys wired one. All 3 machines show as connected in control panel. The make and model number, SUMVISION WIRELESS-N ADSL+ SVW 300D.

I hope someone can help on this but if not can someone give me the make and model of one that will work and is easy to set up.

Thanks

rdave13 20:12 12 Nov 11

Not blaming anyone then... Have a look at the router's instruction booklet (should have one) and find out how to reset to factory settings. There should be a small hole that you need to insert a blunt wire to press the reset button or you could be able to do it if you log on to the router via your browser. Once reset configure the router again either manually or with a CD if your ISP supplied it.

bumpkin 20:23 12 Nov 11

thanks Dave I have the manual will try that now.

Ray

bumpkin 20:55 12 Nov 11

Ok I have done the factory restore to no avail. Looking at the DSL settings they look wrong to me, Country "English" City "United Kingdom" Provider "United Kingdom" Encryption "Bridging"

Cant them apart from bridging

Ray

rdave13 21:02 12 Nov 11

Not sure of your last reply but it looks as a duff one to me. You managed to set it up a fortnight ago but looks bad now. Suggest you contact the supplier, see what they say, and ask for a replacement.

bumpkin 21:22 12 Nov 11

Poorly written reply by me, a typo, I meant cannot change the settings. I do not think I will get this to work but I hate giving up on things. Bought it on Ebay whom I am getting more and more disillusioned with. I cant be bothered to contact the seller and have thrown away the packing anyway. It can go in the bin and I will buy a Linksys from a shop. We are all tempted by cheapos.

Thanks anyway for trying to help, Ray

rdave13 21:58 12 Nov 11

bumpkin

Ah, ebay. I don't even give it the privilege of a capital letter any more.

It's lost its way in my opinion. Crucial, Amazon and many other retail outlets beat it hands down. I think it is on the way out. Good original idea but they've gone greedy in my honest and humble opinion. A site worth missing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos