Laser Printers - Whats good and whats bad?

Trolley 12:34 12 Oct 04

I am looking for some advice on a laser printer. I am looking for one to print off black and white college work. My Epson CX3200 is not got the speed of economy of ink costs to cope with the volume that I am looking to print (Approx 1000 pages per month)

I have been advised that a Xerox Phaser 3100 is a sound option, but havent got a clue.

Any advice on good or bad products or experiences most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

€dstowe 13:24 12 Oct 04

Look at the low cost Samsung laser printers. I've been using the ML2100 (several of them) working VERY hard for two years now. They have never given any trouble. You can easily refill the toner as well.

You can get these printers for £50 or so on special offer at a number of places.

Belatucadrus 14:51 12 Oct 04

I agree, low cost Samsung ML-1210 less than £50 from staples ran off all my college assignment work, plus all the reams of research notes downloaded from the Internet. Toner refills much cheaper than new units and dead easy to use.

spuds 15:03 12 Oct 04

Agree with the above comments. I use the Samsung ML 4500, which was on special half price offer about twelve months ago [£49.00] from Office World.

Check the prices at PC World, Office World or Staples. Each of these companies seem to run a 'half price'special offer promotion at frequent intervals.

Belatucadrus 15:08 12 Oct 04
  Trolley 15:49 12 Oct 04

Ok. Thanks so far.

The other one that i've been highly recommended for my budget (around £200) is the kyocera 1020D?

Has anyone tried and tested that?

Also, the ML1210 is discontinued, does anyone know what the replacement is?

Belatucadrus 19:09 12 Oct 04

Check the link I posted, Samsung base printer appears to be model ML1510 click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…