Laser printers

michelleuk 00:09 07 Jan 03
  michelleuk 00:09 07 Jan 03

Hi,

I want to purchase a lazer printer mono as I want to print cheap leaflets that don't need color. Wht particular specs should I look for when looking for a lazer printer. I want a machine that is good quality and where I don't have to spend a fortuen everytime the toner runs out. As I have been told that sometimes you have to purchase the drum and the toner each time you need more toner which can cost upto £100.

Thanks
Take Care
Michelle:-)
click here (my own website)

P.S. I was told a kryocea(?sp) is a good quality machine and the cost for toners etc is average, is that the case?

LastChip 00:28 07 Jan 03
  michelleuk 00:47 07 Jan 03

Hi,

Thanks, no I hadn't am doing so now.

Thank you, take Care Michelle:-)

€dstow 07:51 07 Jan 03

We have a number of Samsung ML1210 printers for general office use. We've found them excellent value and hard working without complaint (from them or us). Some have a little quirk of stopping for a few seconds rest every 25 pages or so of bulk printing but it's not a problem.

They cost less than £100 from dabs and toner is about £35 from the same place. Toner lasts for ages and ages.

There are other low cost Samsungs but be careful as at least one model is parallel port only which may be something you don't want.

€d

vinnyT 14:12 07 Jan 03

The ml-4500 is parallel port only, I got it last week from staples £74.99 and it's great.

michelleuk 22:44 07 Jan 03

Hi

Thanks

Off to check them out

Michelle

Spencus 03:43 08 Jan 03

I also have a Samsung ML1210 laser,its a no-frills,but reliable low running cost printer.

P.S. vert impressed with your website

Spencus 03:49 08 Jan 03

spelling correction

P.S. Very impressed with your website

hellred 09:41 08 Jan 03

Go to morgan computers, they have tally Laser printer for under a 100 and they are good spec !!!

Address is http:/click here

Tenner 17:31 08 Jan 03

Can endorse everything said by ?dstow and others - from bitter ( and expensive experience ) you can find that it's cheaper to buy a new laser printer than to replace toner and drum if they are separate ( like some from Brother ). Some tally and kyocera printers require £140 or more to replace t & d.

Check Viking catalogue for typical costs of replacements ( although jungle tend to be a tad cheaper in reality ). Also , beware warranty periods for refurbs at Morgancomputers - will 3 months be long enough considering volume of use? ( Not knocking Morgan - bargains can be worthwhile, but not in all cases - check dabs, though. Excuse length of reply.

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…