Laser Printer Probem

spex75 15:45 01 May 08

Hi,
My last resort before I give Samsung an angry call!

Got a Samsung CLP-300 at Xmas time, been a delightful wee machine for a couple of months and now for the last month got some problems with it.

Whenever I print, the black is coming out all weird. It will print ok in one section but then there will be a couple of lines vertically down the page as if the rollers are scrubbing off the toner.

Colour is absolutely fine. I've tried fitting a brand new black toner with no improvement. I've had the imaging unit out and given it a clean also with no improvement.

The imaging unit is supposed to have a duty lifecycle of 10000pages - so far it has done 2755Images over 1010 pages.

The black toner is reading 57% remaining.

Any ideas or is it off to Samsung to complain?

Many thanks,

Woolwell 16:25 01 May 08

From Samsung's FAQ's for the CLP-300:
"Vertical black streaks appearing on print outs are likely due to the photosensitive drum in the toner cartridge having been scratched. You should install a new toner cartridge."
Interestingly I could not get to read this FAQ using Firefox and had to use IE7.

Belatucadrus 16:40 01 May 08

Two thoughts, one of which unfortunately could prove expensive.
1) I've found reference to a "waste toner powder collection bottle CLP-W300A" on the CLP-300. Apparently it can cause print problems if it's full. Should be simple enough to check & empty if necessary.
2) Damaged CLP-R300A drum kit, they're supposed to last 20000 pages at 5% coverage, photo printing will have a much higher coverage percentage so will make a big difference to the final page count. If the drum's knackered you'll have to replace it, though I'd check it out with Samsung and see what they have to say as I'd have expected it to last longer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…