laser mouse, whats the best surface

erkmatrix 08:49 26 Aug 06

Hi my new mouse that came with my new logitech keyboard which I like but this new laser mouse I'm not sure of at all, I had a old vinyl mouse mat which it doesn't work on at all so now just got it on a hard back book but the cursor keeps flittering about to the corner of the screen. Its annoying and wish I of stuck with the old ball mouse.

Does anyone else have one of these mice and what surface do you have it on.

ericmax 08:58 26 Aug 06

Morning junipaire, I have a couple of laser mice and they work just fine on those mouse mats that look like they are covered in lycra, this is the one I use. I think I got it in PC World.
click here

€dstowe 09:02 26 Aug 06

I use an A4 paper pad which doubles up as a doodle/note pad. When the sheet is full of scribble/notes/muck I rip the top page off to reveal a clean one below.

I've done this for many years and I wouldn't think of using any fancy mouse mat of any description.

SLAYER 09:04 26 Aug 06

hi junipaire,I use this, click here, one on a rather large shiny surfaced office desk,no problems.

Stuartli 09:35 26 Aug 06

I do the same as €dstowe but slightly differently - I fix a sheet of A4 white paper to a mouse mat as my optical mouse won't work properly on patterned mats.

As €dstowe indicates it's also handy for jotting down notes etc.

jimv7 09:37 26 Aug 06

I use 1 of the new type of bar beermats, better than any mouse mat and washable.

g0slp 10:05 26 Aug 06

Stuck for a mouse mat on board my ship after new IT kit was supplied (at huge expense), including optical rodents but NO mats (they cost money, don'cha know...) I laminated a piece of plain white paper. It worked so well that I'm now using a similar 'mat' at home!

junipaire
have you installed the software that came with your new keyboard and mouse?
if so have you checked for updates from here
click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:40 26 Aug 06

I just use the desk surface. I've never used anything else with opticals.

G

wee eddie 12:26 26 Aug 06

junipaire: a laser mouse does not even need a flat surface

erkmatrix 14:07 26 Aug 06

Yeah its ok now, I'm using the inside of the hard back book and it appears to work great, cheers for the advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac