Laser mouse owners ~ dancing pointer??

Danoh 10:36 20 Mar 06

Does anyone using a laser mouse experience their mouse pointer dancing around with small, rapid movements, when the mouse is stationary on most surfaces?

I have just bought a Trust laptop laser mouse which does this, unless I place it on a textured surface.
I was after a laser mouse in the hope that it would work on more surfaces then an optical one, but this one seems to work on less.

Alternatively, anyone happy with their laptop wireless laser mouse (with >2 buttons, preferably programmable), I would appreciate a posting with your mouse's make and model number.

Thanks in anticipation.

Danoh 00:05 21 Mar 06

< bump> to the 1st page

AndySD 00:16 21 Mar 06

Logitech® MX™1000 Laser Cordless Mouse click here and its fine on my laptop but it danced on the desktop until I used the adapter and plugged it into the ps2 socket, now it works perfectly on both. Oh I dont like little mice so I can't help you there, I am quite happy to lug the big one arround.

Danoh 00:24 21 Mar 06

No PS2 port on the laptop, & I agree with you that a mini-mouse is less comfortable <sigh> ~ I hate going through RMA processes!
P/S
Great looking Logitech! I'm very pleased with my older optical version still doing sterline service on my desktop.

Djohn 02:18 21 Mar 06

I'm using the Logitech cordless click mouse and find it superb on most surfaces, but does not like the woodgrain finish of my workstation, but on a mat works to perfection. click here

Danoh 10:24 21 Mar 06

Thanks, Djohn! I like the replaceable batteries and the MAC-style zoom but on Windows! The internet back-forward paging is key for me as well.
I guess the USB wireless dongle does not clip into the base of the mouse when not in use?
Are the batteries re-chargeable while still in the mouse or does that require a separate charger? (Trying to reduce stuff I have to carry around.)

Danoh 23:42 17 May 06

I went for the Microsoft notebook mouse in the end, as it's USB dongle clips into the base of the mouse when not in use, switching it off to conserve batteries.
Have been using it for over 1 month now with no problems.
Thanks to AndySD & Djohn for posting great suggestions!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…