Laser jet Printer Paper

lodger 15:36 02 Jun 04

Do I really have to use laser jet paper in my laser jet printer or would ink jet paper do at least on a temporary basis?

Fruit Bat 15:40 02 Jun 04

What do you want to print? what quality are you expecting?

If it's just draft docs and web pages standard 80g paper is ok.

If it,s photos you want to keep then go for the pukka stuff.

€dstowe 16:56 02 Jun 04

Although ordinary photocopy paper is OK for run of the mill printing, be very careful about using coated papers such as those used for photographs. These often have coatings that melt with heat and can ruin the fuser drum inside your laser printer. Only use those papers that are recommended and designed for laser printers.

woodchip 17:07 02 Jun 04

You can put just about anything in laser printer only thing to watch out for is labels. I just use copy paper in my Samsung ML-4500

€dstowe 18:40 02 Jun 04

I have to disagree with woodchip.

You must NEVER put papers with a fancy coated finish such as photo paper. These have a thermoplastic (synthetic or gelatin) coating which will melt in the printer and cover the heated drum with gunge. Result - new drum required. This, in many printers is very costly.

ALWAYS check that a paper is suitable for laser printers before use.

woodchip 20:16 02 Jun 04

That's what I mant with the Labels paper. But I would have said that Coated paper the right way up should be OK. But me I only use the cheapo Copy paper

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…