larger cpu

roizee2009 23:50 10 Feb 09

Hi All
I am a newbee to this forum and this is my first question if anybody can help.
I have a MSI K9NGM motherboard with a sempron 3200+ cpu and 2500 ram but it is running very slow can anybody tell me what the maximum size cpu i could install on this to speed it up without causing too many problems, i have defraged and this has not made any difference,not that i have much docs or music files on it, i am running XP media centre sp3,I look forward to any help on this.
Regards
Roizee2009

Diodorus Siculus 00:11 11 Feb 09

Computers running slow can be caused by a lot of things; your CPU is average but adequate for most things other than gaming and video editing.

One of the major causes of slow PCs is that there is too many programs running at startup.

If you look on the bottom right of the screen, you can see what programs load automatically and most of these can be disabled, running only when you need them.

Many can be disabled as follows:

start

run

type: msconfig

click the startup tab and see what is listed there. Leave your antivirus / firewall ticked but untick the others. Post a list here if you wish and you can be told what to disable.

click here for a good listing.

Diodorus Siculus 00:16 11 Feb 09

PS I realise I have not answered your question but that's' because I don't know much about hardware :(

MCE2K5 01:40 11 Feb 09

MSI K9NGM CPU Support click here

Scroll down a bit, All the ones marked "SINCE 3.7" will fit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…