Large video files truncated in 98SE

NormanD 12:11 14 Nov 04

Hello all,
I use my PC successfully to download video from my digital camcorder, edit the video then burn onto DVD for use in standalone DVD player. I am using Win 98SE, Sonic Foundry Video Factory to edit, and Pinnacle Express to add chapters etc. and burn DVD.
The problem is that I can only create short films. I presume that this is due to the file size limitation on 98SE. Video Factory works fine, and I can produce lengthy films with no problems. When I add the chapters and menus in Pinnacle Express all seems well, but when the project is rendered it just truncates. Does anyone know of a work around please, is there DVD authoring software out there that will let me use large files in 98SE or do I need to upgrade to XP.

Many thanks

NormanD 09:33 24 Dec 04

Just bumping this so I can Green Tick it.

NormanD 09:34 24 Dec 04

Just bumping this so I can Green Tick it.

Valvegrid 09:53 24 Dec 04

I know you've ticked this, but just a couple of thoughts, in the program setup been set to accept the size of files? The other thought, do you have enough room on your hard drive to cache the file, if you haven't and you have another partition you could try and move the cache folder to the larger partition and in program setup point the program to it.

bremner 09:58 24 Dec 04

As you have acknowledged Windows 98 (FAT32) has a file limit of 4GB and that is why the files are truncated. click here

Upgrade to XP and use NTFS which does not have this problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…