Large A Squared Update not working.

birdface 10:50 20 Oct 08

Hi.Just downloaded a large A Squared update.39.000Kb but it will not reboot A Squared for it to take affect.Esc does not work,So maybe I will have to remove and download again.Just a warning in case someone else gets the same problem.

rawprawn 10:57 20 Oct 08

I got it last night and it took ages to download, I was in a hurry and shut down when it finished downloading. I am showing that is has 2155403 signatures loaded. I just assumed it would take eefect when I booted this morning and it looks OK.
It is also showing Updates are up to date.
I think you are right to start again.

Taff™ 11:05 20 Oct 08

I had the same yesterday. It seemed to download it twice during the day and the second time it did appear to reboot the program. (It didn`t on the first occasion) The update this morning worked OK.

FreeCell 11:09 20 Oct 08

Had similar issue last night. First update failed then very big update with lots of separate files with signatures, trojans etc. Strange thing was this list included an engine for version 4.0 but even after reboot A Squared Free is still showing version as 3.5.027 Perhaps updates are beta only as I have ignore these selected. So why download?

A Squared Malware has gone to version 4.0 according to their News so maybe things just got confused for the evening. Update was having problems earlier in the week

birdface 11:13 20 Oct 08

Thanks.I had to reboot the computer to get rid of the box as it would not shift,But it seems to have updated Ok. now on version 4.0.0.55 click here Not sure if it is my old computer or not but it seems to take a bit longer scanning with the quick scan.I will leave it for a few days to make sure that it is running Ok.If not I will remove it and then reinstall.Thanks for the feedback.

rawprawn 11:13 20 Oct 08

Pro version should be 4.0.0.55

birdface 11:17 20 Oct 08

Yes I have the Beta box un-ticked for updates.It did say from 6.56 am, but don't know if it meant yesterday or to-day.

birdface 11:22 20 Oct 08

Thanks for that.I should have mentioned that I got a free upgrade to the Pro version for 1 year.Its A bit complicated for me.but I may figure it out eventually.I have to run it with the backgroung guard turned off as I was getting that many pop-ups that it was annoying me.

rawprawn 11:45 20 Oct 08

Like you I got it free for 1 year, I thought the same as you but I seem to have conquered it now. I think the secret of cutting down all the alerts is to open it and then click on Surf Protection> Configure and set all the options to Alert, then when it alerts you make sure that the box "Remember" is ticked and it will learn.I agree it is a bit complicated but I am now finding it OK and pretty reliable, it finds things that SAS does not although I have had to add some things to the "White List" which I know were false positives.

birdface 11:58 20 Oct 08

Hi.Thanks for that.Unfortunately I could never tell if It Was safe program or not.But I will try your method and see how I get on.I was not sure whether to set them all to block silently or not.But then it may have blocked good sites.Thanks for your help.I will try it and see how I get on.

rawprawn 12:56 20 Oct 08

OK good luck, once or twice I have allowed a block when going to a site, and it has not allowed me in. So If I know that the site is OK I go to the Host list and change it to Allow and then all future visits to the site are OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac