Large Photos in E-Mail

carper 11:05 09 Jan 07

Hi,
I have just received a very large batch of photos from a friend but they are all in the very large format and took ages to download even on Broadband. Is there any way in which I can reduce them so that I can view them properly.
Thanks in advance. Regards Carper

anskyber 11:09 09 Jan 07

Not sure what you mean, if you mean before they are sent to you try asking your friend to resize them before they are sent. If you mean now you have got them there are plenty of software packages which resize pics. a popular free one is Googles Picasa.

wotbus@ 11:18 09 Jan 07

I think what carper means is the pictures are larger than his/her screen and it's not very agreeable to view them having to use the side/bottom bars.
carper - try this: Select all the images (in a folder of images this is done by selecting Edit at the top of the page, then Select All. When they are highlighted, right click one, any one, and select Resize Pictures. Of the several options, large should do you. You will now have twice as many pictures in the same folder - original and resized. Go to the first resized one and open it, now use the forward/back arrows on your keyboard to view them. (forward/back arrows are right and left of the up/down arrows just to the bottom right of your keyboard).

carper 11:23 09 Jan 07

Thanks wotbus. That appears to be what I am loking for. I'll give it a go later. carper

Border View 11:41 09 Jan 07

My sister once sent me a very large picture of the Trade Centre and for ages I could not see the whole photograph because I was viewing it within the e-mail and had to scroll to see the various parts.

I then discovered that if I clicked on the photo file which was listed as an attachment it opened in photoshop (or any other digital image manipulation software) and the whole picture was displayed on screen. No resizing - nothing.

You could always save copies of them as jpeg and this would probably take up less disc space.

Good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5