Large MPEG on Video CD

Gaz W 21:41 08 Jan 04

How can I get a large 1.57GB MPG onto a VCD or SVCD (preferably the latter)? Alternatively, is there a way to split it up into parts and put it onto a few CDs in its original quality?

If it's any help it's a file recorded using my TV card (Nebula DigiTV PCI).

I'll have to get a DVD writer eventually but at the moment it's going to have to go on a CD or CDs.

P.S. - I'm looking for something that will allow me to do this for free!

leo49 21:48 08 Jan 04

click here

AVI/MPEG/ASF/WMV Splitter v2.31

Not free but you can download a time-limited trial which would serve your purpose of splitting up a one-off big file. Dead easy to use.

©®@$? 22:09 08 Jan 04

i've used that AVI/MPEG/ASF/WMV Splitter v2.31

it split the video file but the sound was completley out of sync

leo49 22:10 08 Jan 04

Funny - it works fine for me.

GroupFC 22:12 08 Jan 04

You could try this click here which looks as if it might do the job (I haven't used it myself!).

leo49 22:14 08 Jan 04

Unfortunately that won't do - it splits for files for transmitting over the internet or whatewver but the individual parts won't play - the whole file has to be reconstituted.

leo49 22:15 08 Jan 04

sorry - illiterate keyboard.

GroupFC 22:19 08 Jan 04

Ok thanks for pointing that out - having looked closer at my link I see what you mean!

leo49 22:25 08 Jan 04

That's a really useful freeware tool to have though - I use it all the time for transferring files.

Gaz W 22:38 08 Jan 04

Unfortunately I'm still looking. Tried AVI/MPEG/ASF/WMV Splitter v2.31 (trial) and it just says "Failed to Split", without saying why. It doesn't seem to even try to do anything before this message appears.

What I did was simply opened the file (which took ages) then made it split into 3 equal parts of about 580-ish MB each. It just said "failed" and that was it! Am I doing something wrong?

leo49 23:11 08 Jan 04

I've just opened The Splitter,clicked the open button and pointed it an 800mb .mpg.put the dot into the 2 equal parts box,selected where I wanted the output to go,and in 30 secs I had 2 chunks.Did the film play in the view window when you opened it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac