Large Mouse Recommendation

23790954 12:20 16 Jun 08

Hi! there,
Can anyone out there recommend a LARGE desktop computer mouse, preferably wired, as I do NOT like having to change the mouse from wireless to wired, to carry out system maintainance e.g. when using a floppy disk version disk manager.
If there was NO alternative then I would buy a wireless mouse. As I am an elderly person, the using of a normal size mouse, I find slightly difficult, and it does leave me with a painful arm at times. I do not want it for gaming, just for normal use.
In the recent months I have purchased several mice from internet stores, only to find they are all of the same size, although they do look larger in the pictures, and the only large one I could see recommended on the internet was completely out of stock.
If you do know or use a larger than normal, preferably moulded shape type of desktop computer mouse, I would appreciate your advice on this matter.
Many thanks to all who offer me any advice.

hastelloy 13:11 16 Jun 08

click here. The one I use is called rollermouse pro - click here for a demo - not cheap but the best price I've found is click here

Stuartli 13:11 16 Jun 08

The Silvercrest mouse I use (rebadged A4Tech model) is 13cm long by 7 cm wide by 4 cm high but, unfortunately for your purposes, is an optical wireless mouse.

I've never come across particularly large wired mouse examples myself - most people want them to be as compact and comfortable to use as possible to use.

Tesco do have cheap wired mouse models but don't know how large they are.

amonra 17:29 16 Jun 08

Have you tried a ball mouse ? A friend of mine with Parkinsons finds it a grat deal easier than a convential mouse.

23790954 17:49 16 Jun 08

Many thanks for all your help in this matter, I will consider the possibilities offered, but I will leave the query open in case of any more suggestions.
Once again many thanks to you all.

BBW 11:51 17 Jun 08

PC World sell many types of Mouse and varied sizes. I prefer the 'Optical Mouse' the one with a red light underneath, as you can work on almost any surface and you never have problems with the mouse going erratic due to dust on it's innards.

at work we have the choice of a standard mouse or one that's sort of on it's side, this is the closest i can find click here they really are a pleasure to use, feel strange at first but when you think about it, it's a more natural way to keep your wrist.
if anyone starts to complain about rsi or any pain, they are strongly advised to use the 'on it's end mouse.

jimv7 12:56 17 Jun 08
  23790954 18:37 17 Jun 08

Many, many thanks to all who have given me advice on this subject. I am now confident that I will be able to purchase a mouse, which will fulfil my needs, allowing me to enjoy my computing.

wimples 18:49 17 Jun 08

I would recommend you to purchase a Evoluent Mouse. It comes in 3 versions, Wired, wireless and for a left hand user. It is a Vertical mouse. I use one at work, and I would highly recommend it. It is expensive but well worth it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac