laptops-which screen size?

sheila.weston 13:00 12 Jan 09

I am on the verge of buying a new laptop - probably a Toshiba SAT A300-1MC, with a 15.4" screen. I may be using it as a desktop replacement in the first instance (until windows 7 is available and over its teething troubles). I have a flat-screen 19" monitor and was thinking that I could use this.

BUT I am now wondering whether it would be easier to get one of the laptops with a 18.25" screen. I would be interested to have any advice on this. eg do you find it too awkward to carry about the house. I would like to link it to the TV for showing pictures, occasionally, perhaps.

rawprawn 13:40 12 Jan 09

Not really advice, but I bought a Sony Vaio with a 17" screen 2 years ago to replace my desktop to save room.
I am delighted with, it and although it is really too heavy for use as a "portable" laptop it serves it's real purpose very well.
If I were you I would go for a laptop with the biggest screen if portability is not really your priority.

rawprawn 13:41 12 Jan 09

It is no problem moving it about the house, by portability I meant taking it further afield to work for example.

sheila.weston 14:13 12 Jan 09

Many thanks, rawprawn. Just what I need to know. I was looking at the Sony ones, also. I'll see if anyone else has any comments.

I am also wondering what the wide-screens are like when used for ordinary computer use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…