Laptops Screen size is only a third of full area

tenacious 20:08 04 Apr 05

Ihave been given a PICO laptop which has been cleared down by reformatting and loaded with win98
the screen size is only a third of what it should be. I do not have the original driver disc's and the firm is no longer trading.
Can you help
Rob

JonnyTub 20:11 04 Apr 05

download and run belarc from click here to identify the video adaptor. Post back with the results of what make and model adaptor you have and someone, i'm sure will see if they can find it for you.

csqwared 20:51 04 Apr 05

A similar problem has been discussed in the current PCA in the Helpline section. The discussion there refers to LCD rather than laptop but the advice may be pertinent. The suggestion is that a lower refresh rate is used and also, if the picture is "letterboxed" i.e. fills the width but not the height, check the display setting to ensure a wide screen mode hasn't been selected. The article also confirms there could be a problem with the video card.

Technotiger 20:53 04 Apr 05

Duplicate Post

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…